- NPA Briefing Note: Proposed changes to NSW’s logging laws. 2018-07-06
- Coastwatchers Submission to Rural Lands Strategy Planning Proposal to amend Eurobodalla LEP 2012 – June 22nd 2018 2018-07-02
- Eurobodalla Challenged on its Rural Lands Strategy Proposal – Council warned of multi-million dollar oyster industry loss – The Beagle 2018-06-14
- ESC Rural Lands Strategy Proposal – Suggested Points for writing Submissions 2018-06-11
- Guide Letter re Rural Lands Strategy Planning Proposal 2018-06-11
- Rural Lands Zoning Dispute – Bay Post Online – May 31st 2018 2018-06-01
- Logging laws will destroy thousands of hectares of some of the world’s most diverse forests – Media Release NPA/NCC/NCEC/SERCA/NEFA/BEC – 2018-05-26
- Old growth forest under attack as government winds back environmental protections – Media Release NCC/NPA/NEFA – May 15th 2018 2018-05-26
- NCMG & CW Submission to Southern NSW Marine Tourism Strategy: Stakeholder Workshop (Narooma) 2018-03-28
- CW request to Council to adopt OEH Long Beach Sandy Place Reserve Coastal Wattle management Sep 2017 Report 2018-03-28
Category Archives: Activities
Coastwatchers Submission to Rural Lands Strategy Planning Proposal to amend Eurobodalla LEP 2012 – June 22nd 2018
Coastwatchers submission 22 June 2018 RLS Proposal amendents to ESC LEP 2012 (245KB .pdf)
Eurobodalla Shire Council is proposing very significant planning changes under their new Rural Lands Strategy Planning Proposal If we don’t object to these changes the conservation values and long term future of this beautiful area will be compromised.
ESC RLS Guide Letter June 2018 (123KB .pdf) ESC RLS Guide Letter June 2018 (9KB .docx) ESC RLS Guide Letter June 2018 (110KB .rtf) The text of the above guide letter appears below. Name . Address . Date . General Manager Eurobodalla Shire … Continue reading
The following comments represent feedback by the Nature Coast Marine Group and Coastwatchers on the discussion paper prepared for the Narooma workshop in March 2018. The discussion paper does not mention the State Government’s 2014 Marine Estate Community Survey, which … Continue reading
CW request to Council to adopt OEH Long Beach Sandy Place Reserve Coastal Wattle management Sep 2017 Report
Dear Mayor and Councillors – Eurobodalla Shire Council I am writing in response to The Long Beach Community Association letter to Coastwatchers requesting our support for the Long Beach Coastal Wattle Management Project as outlined in the attached OEH Report … Continue reading
South Coast conservationists have declared the UN International Forests Day on March 21 as a day of shame for the NSW Forestry Corporation and the NSW Government because of the systematic destruction of South Coast forests. They should hang their heads … Continue reading
UN International Forests Day 21 March 2018 – Day of Shame for South Coast Forestry over destructive logging and Rotten Forest Deals.
Download (Coastwatchers MR 21 Mar 2018 Protest on International Forest Day 82KB .pdf) or read below. South Coast conservationists have declared the UN International Forests Day as a day of shame for the NSW Forestry Corporation and the NSW Government … Continue reading
In response to The Long Beach Community Association letter to Coastwatchers requesting our support for the Long Beach Coastal Wattle Management Project, we provide the following response. In the first instance, we acknowledge the ecological value of Coastal Wattle as … Continue reading
South Coast Conservationists Reject NSW Government Propaganda on Rotten Forest Deals (AKA Regional Forest Agreements)
Coastwatchers, Eurobodalla Shire’s largest conservation group, has rejected as complete nonsense the recent attempts by the NSW Department of Primary industries (DPI) to defend the existing Regional Forest Agreements and proposed 20 year extensions as ecologically sustainable and economically responsible.