- Legislation governing the clearing of native vegetation 2021-04-19
- ESC Media Release: Council powers up with renewable energy – April 2021 2021-04-13
- Overview – Dargues Gold Mine 2021-04-09
- Stop logging the fire-ravaged South Coast 2021-04-04
- The Nexus Report: Nature Based Solutions to the Biodiversity and Climate Crisis 2021-04-04
- Eurobodalla Koala Habitat and Occupancy Project REPORT 2021-04-03
- President’s Report to Coastwatchers 2020 AGM 2020-12-01
- CW Letter to EDO re 31 trees with hollows to remain standing around active logging in South Brooman Forest 2020-10-31
- Coastwatchers Report to Environmental Protection Agency for investigation re South Brooman State Forest October 12th 2020 2020-10-24
- Coastwatchers Submission to Natural Resources Commission Citizens Science Strategy August 14th 2020 2020-08-15
Category Archives: Land Clearing
The Native Vegetation act 2003 was replaced on August 25th 2017 and current legislation governing the clearing of native vegetation is the Local Land Services Act 2013 and the Biodiversity Conservation Act 2016.
Letter to the Editor (The Beagle): Plenty of better solutions than simply switching off legislation that protects wildlife: August 6th 2020
The Beagle Editor, Commenting on ‘lnnes presses to Switch off Biodiversity to allow bushfire rebuilds‘ It is really sad to hear this coming from the Mayor of our council. Our recently amended environmental regulations in NSW are already quite relaxed … Continue reading
The Land and Environment Court today ruled the NSW Government’s land-clearing laws invalid because they were made unlawfully.