- CW Letter to EDO re 31 trees with hollows to remain standing around active logging in South Brooman Forest 2020-10-31
- Coastwatchers Report to Environmental Protection Agency for investigation re South Brooman State Forest October 12th 2020 2020-10-24
- Coastwatchers Submission to Natural Resources Commission Citizens Science Strategy August 14th 2020 2020-08-15
- Joint Letter to NSW Premier re proposed windback of sanctuary zones in marine parks – July 29th 2020 2020-08-08
- Letter to the Editor (The Beagle): Plenty of better solutions than simply switching off legislation that protects wildlife: August 6th 2020 2020-08-06
- Coastwatchers is a Signatory to Letter to Nippon Paper – June 25th, 2020 2020-07-26
- Eden Monaro Environment Alliance Platform Launch – June 2020 2020-07-02
- Forest Embassy South Brooman State Forest June 29th 2020 2020-07-02
- Coastwatchers Submission to Draft Private Native Forestry Codes of Practice NSW – May 2020 2020-05-20
- Letters to Ministers re Batemans Marine Park Amnesty and Rezoning of Sanctuary Zones – May 2020 2020-05-20
Category Archives: RFA Renewals
Here’s a link to a page of the National Parks Association website, urging people and assisting them to send an email to Gladys Berejiklian urging her not to endorse the renewal of the Regional Forest Agreements, abandon radical changes to … Continue reading
Logging laws will destroy thousands of hectares of some of the world’s most diverse forests – Media Release NPA/NCC/NCEC/SERCA/NEFA/BEC –
New logging laws released by the NSW Government this week sacrifice environmental protection to timber extraction, according to all the state’s leading forest conservation groups. 180518 – MR – Logging laws shred environmental protections (132KB .pdf)
Old growth forest under attack as government winds back environmental protections – Media Release NCC/NPA/NEFA – May 15th 2018
The Berejiklian government’s plan to “remap” old growth forest poses serious new threat to some of the best mature forests left in NSW. 180516-MR – New laws expose old-growth forests to logging (114KB .pdf)
South Coast conservationists have declared the UN International Forests Day on March 21 as a day of shame for the NSW Forestry Corporation and the NSW Government because of the systematic destruction of South Coast forests. They should hang their heads … Continue reading
UN International Forests Day 21 March 2018 – Day of Shame for South Coast Forestry over destructive logging and Rotten Forest Deals.
Download (Coastwatchers MR 21 Mar 2018 Protest on International Forest Day 82KB .pdf) or read below. South Coast conservationists have declared the UN International Forests Day as a day of shame for the NSW Forestry Corporation and the NSW Government … Continue reading
In the last few weeks, social media has begun predicting a “roll-over” for the Regional Forest Agreements (RFAs). RFAs are arrangements between the Commonwealth and States aimed at balancing the needs of the forestry industry and its small dependent communities … Continue reading
South Coast Conservationists Reject NSW Government Propaganda on Rotten Forest Deals (AKA Regional Forest Agreements)
Coastwatchers, Eurobodalla Shire’s largest conservation group, has rejected as complete nonsense the recent attempts by the NSW Department of Primary industries (DPI) to defend the existing Regional Forest Agreements and proposed 20 year extensions as ecologically sustainable and economically responsible.
Please click here to read the article on the SMH website.
overview-extending-regional-forest-agreements (102KB .pdf)