- Coastwatchers supports SHASA’s campaign to deliver the Eurobodalla: Regenerate Regional Leadership Program. 2021-09-29
- Coastwatchers Thank You letter to Environment Minister Matt Kean Sept 2021 2021-09-28
- New protections for high value conservation areas – NSW Govt news Sept 23rd 2021 2021-09-28
- Coastwatchers objection to Redbank Power Station biomass burning September 2021 2021-09-28
- Coastwatchers Briquettee and Pallet Plant objection May 2021 2021-09-28
- Report to Coastwatchers on Dargues Gold Mine – August 2021 2021-08-29
- Eurobodalla Koala Recovery Strategy Revised Edition released July 2021 2021-07-10
- Letter of support for Batemans Bay Heritage Museum grant application to the Foundation for Regional Renewal and Recovery to conduct a one-day workshop on Volunteer / Member Recruitment and Retention 2021-06-29
- Save Mogo’s Forests! 2021-06-26
- Coastwatchers co-signs open letter to Kristy McBain MP re EPBC Act June 2021 2021-06-26
Category Archives: Biodiversity
Nine community organisations signed an open letter to Kristy McBain, Federal MP for Eden-Monaro, written by ACF Community Eden Monaro group regarding The Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act.
Authors: Charles Victor Barber, World Resources Institute; Rachael Petersen, Earthrise Services; Virginia Young, Australian Rainforest Conservation Society; Brendan Mackey, Griffith University, Cyril Kormos, Wild Heritage. The climate change and biodiversity crises that the world faces are closely intertwined – and … Continue reading
This article appeared in the Moruya Examiner / Bay Post on November 27th 2019.
The NCC has just released a report titled ‘PARADISE LOST’. The report shows that, far from ensuring no loss in biodiversity, offsetting rules are pushing the endangered plants and animals they’re supposed to protect, closer to extinction. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY OF … Continue reading
The NSW Government is still allowing the logging of native forests, including in some areas old growth forests, here on the South Coast of NSW. This article was submitted by John Perkins to remind members of the critical significance of … Continue reading