- Coastwatchers submission: Draft NSW Mainland Marine Park Network Management Plan 2021-2031; January 21st 2022 2022-01-21
- East Lynne Koala Carrying Capacity Study 2021 2022-01-15
- Breach Watch Digital Toolbox 2022-01-15
- Leaked Government Report shows continued logging in bushfire affected forests is unsustainable 2022-01-15
- Key Logging Operations in the Southern Forestry Region 2022-01-10
- MEDIA ALERT: South Coast logging should immediately be halted and reassessed following NRC Report into logging in bushfire affected areas. 2022-01-10
- Frontier Economics / ANU Report: Comparing the value of alternative uses of forests in Southern NSW 2022-01-10
- Coastwatchers supports SHASA’s campaign to deliver the Eurobodalla: Regenerate Regional Leadership Program. 2021-09-29
- Coastwatchers Thank You letter to Environment Minister Matt Kean Sept 2021 2021-09-28
- New protections for high value conservation areas – NSW Govt news Sept 23rd 2021 2021-09-28
Category Archives: 2021
The East Lynne carrying capacity study suggests the area could support up to four resident koala groups as a best-case scenario, if natural post-wildfire recovery is accompanied by deliberate land management intervention. There might also be one small koala resident … Continue reading
MEDIA ALERT: South Coast logging should immediately be halted and reassessed following NRC Report into logging in bushfire affected areas.
Coastwatchers supports SHASA’s campaign to deliver the Eurobodalla: Regenerate Regional Leadership Program.
Subject: Matt Kean’s announcement that there will be no appeal of the NSW Land and Environment Court finding that the NSW Environment Protection Authority has a duty to take serious action on greenhouse gas emissions.
The Dargues mine is close to the village of Majors Creek at the top of the Moruya River catchment, and so represents a risk to the ecosystem health of the river, riparian areas, the estuary and potentially nearby coastal areas should there be any significant release of contaminants from the mine. It is important for us to monitor the operation of the mine and its environmental performance, and this is done through Coastwatchers’ membership of the Dargues Mine Community Consultative
Committee (CCC) – we are represented by Stewart Needham. The CCC meets quarterly, usually in Majors Creek, and since mining operations have been in progress most meetings have been preceded by a visit to the mine site. These visits focus on the processing plant and water management systems and structures, as these are the areas where the community has most concerns (ie noise, dust, truck movements etc, and water quality and management). Continue reading
The period for initial consultation on the Revised Eurobodalla Koala Recovery Strategy 2021 is now complete: see below (pending any further advice on improvements). Some minor changes have been made and we can update the document at any time if … Continue reading
Letter of support for Batemans Bay Heritage Museum grant application to the Foundation for Regional Renewal and Recovery to conduct a one-day workshop on Volunteer / Member Recruitment and Retention
Next forest on the chopping block: 127 hectares of spotted gum forest approved for logging 14 Oct 2021 – Active next step Compartment 146, east of Mogo, lies south east of Dogtrap Road (~2km east of Princes Hwy) and straddles … Continue reading
Nine community organisations signed an open letter to Kristy McBain, Federal MP for Eden-Monaro, written by ACF Community Eden Monaro group regarding The Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act.
Coastwatchers Submission to Legislative Council Inquiry into the long term sustainability and future of the timber and forest products industry – June 4th 2021
Conservationists call for new logging policies, fearing for critically endangered swift parrot – ABC News –
Gilmore Electorate Communities Environment Program 2019-20 For the year 2020 the Commonwealth Government granted $2,800 through the Gilmore Electorate to The Coastwatchers Association Inc (matched in-kind by Coastwatchers) under the Communities Environment Program. The purpose of the grant was identification … Continue reading