- Coastwatchers supports SHASA’s campaign to deliver the Eurobodalla: Regenerate Regional Leadership Program. 2021-09-29
- Coastwatchers Thank You letter to Environment Minister Matt Kean Sept 2021 2021-09-28
- New protections for high value conservation areas – NSW Govt news Sept 23rd 2021 2021-09-28
- Coastwatchers objection to Redbank Power Station biomass burning September 2021 2021-09-28
- Coastwatchers Briquettee and Pallet Plant objection May 2021 2021-09-28
- Report to Coastwatchers on Dargues Gold Mine – August 2021 2021-08-29
- Eurobodalla Koala Recovery Strategy Revised Edition released July 2021 2021-07-10
- Letter of support for Batemans Bay Heritage Museum grant application to the Foundation for Regional Renewal and Recovery to conduct a one-day workshop on Volunteer / Member Recruitment and Retention 2021-06-29
- Save Mogo’s Forests! 2021-06-26
- Coastwatchers co-signs open letter to Kristy McBain MP re EPBC Act June 2021 2021-06-26
Category Archives: 2021
Coastwatchers supports SHASA’s campaign to deliver the Eurobodalla: Regenerate Regional Leadership Program.
Subject: Matt Kean’s announcement that there will be no appeal of the NSW Land and Environment Court finding that the NSW Environment Protection Authority has a duty to take serious action on greenhouse gas emissions.
The Dargues mine is close to the village of Majors Creek at the top of the Moruya River catchment, and so represents a risk to the ecosystem health of the river, riparian areas, the estuary and potentially nearby coastal areas should there be any significant release of contaminants from the mine. It is important for us to monitor the operation of the mine and its environmental performance, and this is done through Coastwatchers’ membership of the Dargues Mine Community Consultative
Committee (CCC) – we are represented by Stewart Needham. The CCC meets quarterly, usually in Majors Creek, and since mining operations have been in progress most meetings have been preceded by a visit to the mine site. These visits focus on the processing plant and water management systems and structures, as these are the areas where the community has most concerns (ie noise, dust, truck movements etc, and water quality and management). Continue reading
The period for initial consultation on the Revised Eurobodalla Koala Recovery Strategy 2021 is now complete: see below (pending any further advice on improvements). Some minor changes have been made and we can update the document at any time if … Continue reading
Letter of support for Batemans Bay Heritage Museum grant application to the Foundation for Regional Renewal and Recovery to conduct a one-day workshop on Volunteer / Member Recruitment and Retention
Next forest on the chopping block: Compartment 146, east of Mogo, lies south east of Dogtrap Road and even straddles the Tomaga River at one point. It is so close to the Mogo Zoo you can hear gibbons, lions and … Continue reading
Nine community organisations signed an open letter to Kristy McBain, Federal MP for Eden-Monaro, written by ACF Community Eden Monaro group regarding The Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act.
Coastwatchers Submission to Legislative Council Inquiry into the long term sustainability and future of the timber and forest products industry – June 4th 2021
Conservationists call for new logging policies, fearing for critically endangered swift parrot – ABC News –
Gilmore Electorate Communities Environment Program 2019-20 For the year 2020 the Commonwealth Government granted $2,800 through the Gilmore Electorate to The Coastwatchers Association Inc (matched in-kind by Coastwatchers) under the Communities Environment Program. The purpose of the grant was identification … Continue reading