Coastwatchers Environment Fund
About the Fund
The ‘Coastwatchers Environment Fund’ is a public fund separate from the Association’s general administration. The Fund obtains its funds from public donations, and was established to support the Association’s environmental objectives and purposes. The Fund has its own bank account, and an independent Management Committee which distributes the monies.
The Coastwatchers Environment Fund has been Registered on the Australian Government’s “Register of Environment Organisations” since 20 January 2003, which means that donations over $2 to the fund are tax deductible. The Fund relies on the goodwill and generosity of members and the community to continue its work.
How Your Money is Spent
Donations to The Coastwatchers Environment Fund have been used for specific projects such as:
- The 2011 Koala survey of connectivity pathways for potential Koala habitats in the Shire;
- Production of leaflets and other material to inform the community about major current issues;
- Restoration of Mantle Hill Creek in the grounds of the Moruya High School;
- Purchase of books on marine life that were donated to schools and local libraries at the time of the declaration of the Batemans Marine Park; and
- Publication of a study of the Bengello Forest area that assisted in establishing a conservation agreement over much of this endangered coastal forest.
- Local High School Student Environment Programs ($2000 in 2018-19; $572 in 2019-20)
- $1,000 sponsorship of Eurobodalla Shire Council’s award-winning Young Legends Camp 2019
Please fill in the fields below and click ‘Submit’ to notify us of your donation – Thank You!
A receipt will be emailed to you once funds are received by us.
If you would rather not use the form above, you can still pay by Electronic Funds Transfer or Direct Deposit to:
Account Name: Coastwatchers Environment Fund
BSB: 641 800 (IMB Ltd)
Account Number: 200 271 717
or pay by cheque, payable to ‘Coastwatchers Environment Fund’ and post to
PO Box 521
Batemans Bay NSW 2536
but if you do, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know of your donation so that we can email or post you a receipt once the funds are received in our account. Thank You!