Coastwatchers Environment Fund
About the Fund
The Coastwatchers Environment Fund is a not-for-profit Public Fund, listed on the Register of Environmental Organisations, with the specific purpose of supporting the environmental objectives of Coastwatchers. It is administered by its own committee, separate from the Coastwatchers committee.
The Fund was established on January 20th 2003 and has Deductible Gift Recipient status (gifts to the Fund of $2 and over are tax-deductible). The Fund can be spent only on protecting the natural environment or on providing education or conducting research toward this end, and expenditure must support the environmental objects contained in the Coastwatchers constitution. Funds cannot be used for political purposes (directly promoting or opposing a political party or a candidate running for office), or in support of any illegal activities.
How Your Money is Spent
Donations to The Coastwatchers Environment Fund have been used for specific projects such as:
- The 2011 Koala survey of connectivity pathways for potential Koala habitats in the Shire;
- Production of leaflets and other material to inform the community about major current issues;
- Restoration of Mantle Hill Creek in the grounds of the Moruya High School;
- Purchase of books on marine life that were donated to schools and local libraries at the time of the declaration of the Batemans Marine Park; and
- Publication of a study of the Bengello Forest area that assisted in establishing a conservation agreement over much of this endangered coastal forest.
- Local High School Student Environment Programs ($2000 in 2018-19; $572 in 2019-20)
- $1,000 sponsorship of Eurobodalla Shire Council’s award-winning Young Legends Camp 2019
Instrument of Delegation
Please fill in the fields below and click ‘Submit’ to notify us of your donation – Thank You!
A receipt will be emailed to you once funds are received by us.
If you would rather not use the form above, you can still pay by Electronic Funds Transfer or Direct Deposit to:
Account Name: Coastwatchers Environment Fund
BSB: 641 800 (IMB Ltd)
Account Number: 200 271 717
or pay by cheque, payable to ‘Coastwatchers Environment Fund’ and post to
PO Box 521
Batemans Bay NSW 2536
but if you do, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know of your donation so that we can email or post you a receipt once the funds are received in our account. Thank You!
Requests for funding, or proposals for targeted fundraising campaigns, are invited from organisations or individuals outside of Coastwatchers as well as from the Coastwatchers committee and its various subcommittees. Specific proposals need to be submitted to the Fund Committee that clearly state purpose, amount, benefit and connection to desired outcome.
In considering any proposal, the Fund Committee will consider relevance to Coastwatchers environmental purposes and all relevant legal matters including real or perceived conflict of interest as well as whether the proposal is a reasonable and responsible use of available funds. Priority will be given to proposals that are financially supported by others, including those who are proposing them. In kind contributions will be taken into account.
Historically, funding in total has only been in the vicinity of a few thousand dollars in a year, but collaborative and targeted fundraising campaigns may greatly increase this.
To apply for funding, please download and print the following form, then fill in and email to email@example.com. We’ll endeavour to consider your application within a couple of weeks.