- NCMG & CW Submission to Southern NSW Marine Tourism Strategy: Stakeholder Workshop (Narooma) 2018-03-28
- CW request to Council to adopt OEH Long Beach Sandy Place Reserve Coastal Wattle management Sep 2017 Report 2018-03-28
- Letter to the Editor – Bay Post – March 23rd 2018 2018-03-23
- UN International Forests Day 21 March 2018 – Day of Shame for South Coast Forestry over destructive logging and Rotten Forest Deals. 2018-03-22
- Long Beach Coastal Management Project 2018-03-22
- 16 March 2018 CW Bulletin inc Wed 21 Mar B Bay Forest Rally 2018-03-22
- Rolling Logs Over is Purely Political – Keith Joliffe 2018-03-22
- South Coast Conservationists Reject NSW Government Propaganda on Rotten Forest Deals (AKA Regional Forest Agreements) 2018-03-16
- Letter to the Editor of The Beagle re Gold Mine Tailings Dam Collapse 2018-03-16
- Court finds NSW Government land-clearing laws invalid 2018-03-16
Category Archives: RFA Renewals
South Coast conservationists have declared the UN International Forests Day on March 21 as a day of shame for the NSW Forestry Corporation and the NSW Government because of the systematic destruction of South Coast forests. They should hang their heads … Continue reading
UN International Forests Day 21 March 2018 – Day of Shame for South Coast Forestry over destructive logging and Rotten Forest Deals.
Download (Coastwatchers MR 21 Mar 2018 Protest on International Forest Day 82KB .pdf) or read below. South Coast conservationists have declared the UN International Forests Day as a day of shame for the NSW Forestry Corporation and the NSW Government … Continue reading
In the last few weeks, social media has begun predicting a “roll-over” for the Regional Forest Agreements (RFAs). RFAs are arrangements between the Commonwealth and States aimed at balancing the needs of the forestry industry and its small dependent communities … Continue reading
South Coast Conservationists Reject NSW Government Propaganda on Rotten Forest Deals (AKA Regional Forest Agreements)
Coastwatchers, Eurobodalla Shire’s largest conservation group, has rejected as complete nonsense the recent attempts by the NSW Department of Primary industries (DPI) to defend the existing Regional Forest Agreements and proposed 20 year extensions as ecologically sustainable and economically responsible.
Please click here to read the article on the SMH website.
overview-extending-regional-forest-agreements (102KB .pdf)
The Coastwatchers ‘Moruya Forest Forum’, was held on Wednesday 23 August 2017, and was a great success. About 100 people attended the Forum in the St. Mary’s Performing Art Centre, an ideal venue for this type of activity. The meeting opened … Continue reading
Dear Premier, Prohibition on the Logging of Mogo State Forest The Coastwatchers Association Inc. opposes the continued logging of State Forests in the Batemans Bay region of the South Coast of NSW, particularly the logging of timber, which is destined … Continue reading
NPA Forests for All Plan https://npansw.org/what-we-do/our-work/campaigns/end-native-forest-logging/ Great Southern Forest Campaign seeks to protect all of the 430,000 hectares of public native forests of the Southern and Eden Regional Forest Agreement (RFA) regions following the expiry of the RFAs. The GSF is … Continue reading
This meeting calls on the NSW Government to: 1. Cease Logging Mogo State Forest Immediately cease logging the Mogo State Forest until a professionally based pre logging review is undertaken and assessed, given the known presence of both the Vulnerable … Continue reading