- Coastwatchers Submission to Draft Private Native Forestry Codes of Practice NSW – May 2020 2020-05-20
- Letters to Ministers re Batemans Marine Park Amnesty and Rezoning of Sanctuary Zones – May 2020 2020-05-20
- Coastwatchers’ Submission to the EPBC Act Review April 2020 2020-05-15
- Coastwatchers’ objection to Eden Timber Optimisation Hub May 2020 2020-05-15
- Coastwatchers Submission to the NSW Bushfire Inquiry March 2020 2020-04-02
- Comments – Dargues Mine Water Management Plan Feb 2020 2020-03-19
- Batemans Marine Park Sanctuary Zones to be Abolished 2019-12-23
- Batemans Bay High School Report to Coastwatchers Environment Fund Dec 2019. 2019-12-23
- Newspaper coverage – Coastwatchers Environment Fund and Batemans Bay High School 2019-12-02
- Dargues Gold Mine update from Coastwatchers’ new representative on the Dargues Gold Mine Community Consultative Committee, Stewart Needham 2019-11-22
Category Archives: RFA Renewals
Here’s a link to a page of the National Parks Association website, urging people and assisting them to send an email to Gladys Berejiklian urging her not to endorse the renewal of the Regional Forest Agreements, abandon radical changes to … Continue reading
Logging laws will destroy thousands of hectares of some of the world’s most diverse forests – Media Release NPA/NCC/NCEC/SERCA/NEFA/BEC –
New logging laws released by the NSW Government this week sacrifice environmental protection to timber extraction, according to all the state’s leading forest conservation groups. 180518 – MR – Logging laws shred environmental protections (132KB .pdf)
Old growth forest under attack as government winds back environmental protections – Media Release NCC/NPA/NEFA – May 15th 2018
The Berejiklian government’s plan to “remap” old growth forest poses serious new threat to some of the best mature forests left in NSW. 180516-MR – New laws expose old-growth forests to logging (114KB .pdf)
South Coast conservationists have declared the UN International Forests Day on March 21 as a day of shame for the NSW Forestry Corporation and the NSW Government because of the systematic destruction of South Coast forests. They should hang their heads … Continue reading
UN International Forests Day 21 March 2018 – Day of Shame for South Coast Forestry over destructive logging and Rotten Forest Deals.
Download (Coastwatchers MR 21 Mar 2018 Protest on International Forest Day 82KB .pdf) or read below. South Coast conservationists have declared the UN International Forests Day as a day of shame for the NSW Forestry Corporation and the NSW Government … Continue reading
In the last few weeks, social media has begun predicting a “roll-over” for the Regional Forest Agreements (RFAs). RFAs are arrangements between the Commonwealth and States aimed at balancing the needs of the forestry industry and its small dependent communities … Continue reading
South Coast Conservationists Reject NSW Government Propaganda on Rotten Forest Deals (AKA Regional Forest Agreements)
Coastwatchers, Eurobodalla Shire’s largest conservation group, has rejected as complete nonsense the recent attempts by the NSW Department of Primary industries (DPI) to defend the existing Regional Forest Agreements and proposed 20 year extensions as ecologically sustainable and economically responsible.
Please click here to read the article on the SMH website.
overview-extending-regional-forest-agreements (102KB .pdf)