1997 – Doral, a subsidiary of Iwatani International Corporation of Japan acquired the Glenella quartz deposit (near Cowra) and did a preliminary feasibility study into the establishment of a silicon smelter.
1998 – Doral and Portman joined forces to do a detailed feasibility study – Portman would contribute $1.0 million towards the cost of the study to gain a 50% interest in the Project.
May 1999 – Portman increased its interest in the Joint Venture to 90% and has expended approximately $7.3 million on the project to 30 June 2001.
October 2001 – Quaestus Ltd shareholders approved the acquisition of Portman Ltd’s 90 per cent stake in the Lithgow silicon project. Portman will receive 36.5 million shares in Quaestus valued at $7.3 million which will deliver it a 66 per cent stake in the company called Australian Silicon Ltd.
- Legislation governing the clearing of native vegetation 2021-04-19
- ESC Media Release: Council powers up with renewable energy – April 2021 2021-04-13
- Overview – Dargues Gold Mine 2021-04-09
- Stop logging the fire-ravaged South Coast 2021-04-04
- The Nexus Report: Nature Based Solutions to the Biodiversity and Climate Crisis 2021-04-04
- Eurobodalla Koala Habitat and Occupancy Project REPORT 2021-04-03
- President’s Report to Coastwatchers 2020 AGM 2020-12-01
- CW Letter to EDO re 31 trees with hollows to remain standing around active logging in South Brooman Forest 2020-10-31
- Coastwatchers Report to Environmental Protection Agency for investigation re South Brooman State Forest October 12th 2020 2020-10-24
- Coastwatchers Submission to Natural Resources Commission Citizens Science Strategy August 14th 2020 2020-08-15