Charcoalition is having a Yellow Ribbon Day at Mogo on Saturday 2 February at 12 noon. “It’s time to let Premier Bob Carr know that we have not gone away, or given up any of the communities resolve to oppose the Factory,” said Chris Kowal spokesperson for Charcoalition. Mr Kowal went on to say “The Community has sent a very clear and strong message to Government that we do not want this polluting monstrosity in our midst. The Government has received a record number of submissions from the community with the great majority expressing strong opposition to the proposal”.
“So wear something yellow, decorate your vehicle, yourself, your children and the dog and come along and have some fun. There will be entertainment, sausage sizzle and some yellow ribbon day specials will be available at selected shops”, said Mr Kowal. Yellow ribbons denoting your support for a Charcoal-Free South Coast will be on sale for 50 cents a metre on the day or at:
- Vision Vogue 35 Orient Street, Batemans Bay
- The Allergy Centre 5 North Street, Batemans Bay
- Eurobodalla Sun office, Citi Centre Arcade, Batemans Bay
- Mogo Nursery Princes Highway, Mogo
- Carters Store Broulee
- The Muffin Shop Mossy Point
- Surf Beach Supermarket Surf Beach
- Southlands Fruit and Vegetables Moruya
- Batehaven Hardware Batehaven
- Batemans Bay Boarding Kennels Princes H’way Mossy Point
Come along, have fun at this great family day and show your support for the Nature Coast as the Charcoal Free South Coast.