- NCMG & CW Submission to Southern NSW Marine Tourism Strategy: Stakeholder Workshop (Narooma) 2018-03-28
- CW request to Council to adopt OEH Long Beach Sandy Place Reserve Coastal Wattle management Sep 2017 Report 2018-03-28
- Letter to the Editor – Bay Post – March 23rd 2018 2018-03-23
- UN International Forests Day 21 March 2018 – Day of Shame for South Coast Forestry over destructive logging and Rotten Forest Deals. 2018-03-22
- Long Beach Coastal Management Project 2018-03-22
- 16 March 2018 CW Bulletin inc Wed 21 Mar B Bay Forest Rally 2018-03-22
- Rolling Logs Over is Purely Political – Keith Joliffe 2018-03-22
- South Coast Conservationists Reject NSW Government Propaganda on Rotten Forest Deals (AKA Regional Forest Agreements) 2018-03-16
- Letter to the Editor of The Beagle re Gold Mine Tailings Dam Collapse 2018-03-16
- Court finds NSW Government land-clearing laws invalid 2018-03-16
Category Archives: Forests and Forestry
South Coast conservationists have declared the UN International Forests Day on March 21 as a day of shame for the NSW Forestry Corporation and the NSW Government because of the systematic destruction of South Coast forests. They should hang their heads … Continue reading
UN International Forests Day 21 March 2018 – Day of Shame for South Coast Forestry over destructive logging and Rotten Forest Deals.
Download (Coastwatchers MR 21 Mar 2018 Protest on International Forest Day 82KB .pdf) or read below. South Coast conservationists have declared the UN International Forests Day as a day of shame for the NSW Forestry Corporation and the NSW Government … Continue reading
In the last few weeks, social media has begun predicting a “roll-over” for the Regional Forest Agreements (RFAs). RFAs are arrangements between the Commonwealth and States aimed at balancing the needs of the forestry industry and its small dependent communities … Continue reading
South Coast Conservationists Reject NSW Government Propaganda on Rotten Forest Deals (AKA Regional Forest Agreements)
Coastwatchers, Eurobodalla Shire’s largest conservation group, has rejected as complete nonsense the recent attempts by the NSW Department of Primary industries (DPI) to defend the existing Regional Forest Agreements and proposed 20 year extensions as ecologically sustainable and economically responsible.
Please click here to read the article on the SMH website.
Media Release Feb 14th 2018 – South Coast Conservationists Rally Against Rotten Forest Deals (Regional Forest Agreements)
Coastwatchers, other conservation groups and supporters are today rallying at Batemans Bay to protest plans by the Turnbull and Berejiklian governments to lock up 2 million hectares of public forests, hand them over to big business like the Eden Wood … Continue reading
Dear Coastwatchers Members This is a chance to tell the Turnbull and Berejiklian Governments how deeply opposed you are to the destruction of our native forests by the logging industry. Please put Wednesday 14 February in your diary NOW! The push to lock … Continue reading
overview-extending-regional-forest-agreements (102KB .pdf)
In February 2017, VicForests began logging an area near Warburton known as the Blue Vein coupe, just a few hundred metres from the famous 350- year-old Ada Tall Trees Reserve. Local citizen scientists from the ‘Wildlife of the Central Highlands’ … Continue reading